Delaware County Community Traffic Safety Project
Through the Delaware County Community Traffic Safety Project (DCCTSP), funded by PennDOT, DCTMA offers FREE safety programs to day cares, schools, senior centers, summer camps, community centers, Mom’s clubs, etc. throughout the County.
The program focuses on various safety areas, including:
- Safe and proper use of safety belts and child safety seats
- Teaching of proper pedestrian behaviors
- Education on the dangers of driving under the influence
- Outreach to teens about safe driving behaviors
- Motorcycle safety
- Bicycle safety
- General safe driving
- Aggressive driving
- Older driver safety
- School bus safety
The primary goal of the project is to decrease the number of avoidable deaths and/or injuries associated with traffic-related crashes and reduce the severity of any injuries which do occur. This goal is achieved through educating the public and increasing awareness about these important safety focus areas. The DCCTSP will be available for the following:
- School programs (Pre-k through 12th grade)
- Day care presentations
- Child safety seat inspection stations
- Child Passenger Safety programs for parents
- Car-Fit programs for Older Adults
- Special events and health fairs
- Business and community programs
- Distribution of educational materials relating to all safety focus areas
DCCTSP and DCTMA also coordinate the High School Seat Belt Challenge each year in an effort to decrease the number of crashes, avoidable deaths, and injuries among teen drivers. We work closely with school organizations, including SADD, Student Council, National Honors Society, sports teams, and other student-led groups.
We estimate over 25,000 people throughout the county will be reached this year through these programs and presentations, car seat checks, Car-Fit events, and disbursement of educational materials.
Please feel free to contact email@example.com or 610-892-0898 with any questions, or if you would like to schedule programs.